Napoleon Hill was hired by Andrew Carnegie (the steel conglomerate of the 1900s and one of the richest persons in the world at that time) to write this book.
Think and Grow Rich is the result of more than 20 years of study of the lives of successful people. This book has been sold in more than 30 million copies making it one of the best selling books of all time.
Napoleon Hill specifies in the beginning of the book that as you read the book you will discover a secret. This is the same secret that was used by successful people in accumulating their fortunes.
However, the secret is never precisely mentioned in the book, but it is said to appear every once in a while as you read the book. It is up to you to discover and make use of it.
This secret was used by: Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, J.D. Rockefeller, President Woodrow Wilson, President Theodore Roosevelt, Wilbur Wright, and many others.
This book will teach you how develop yourself into become of the most successful people in the world by discussing themes such as:
1. Desire and how to get the most out of it
2. Increasing your self-confidence
3. The power of thought
4. The power of autosuggestion
5. Imagination and how to boost it
6. Determination and how to increase it
7. How to make use of your subconscious mind
8. How to develop your perseverance
9. How to overcome the fear of failure.
Quote from the book:
“When riches begin to come they come so quickly, in such great abundance, that one wonders where they have been hiding during all those lean years.”
Here is how to get the most out of this book through the technique of Smart Reading:
1. Take a pen and start interacting with the book by underlining concepts, circling words and/or highlighting paragraphs which you think are the most import.
2. Different ideas will flow through your mind as you go along with reading the book. Write them down on the blank sides of the pages.
3. Take the book every now and then and re-read everything you have highlighted, circled, and/or underlined. Focus on the ideas you have written down.
Doing these three easy steps will practically boost your knowledge, it will help you to easily apply the most important principles of the book and you will land among the 3% of world’s money earners.
Note: If you read the book on a smartphone or tablet, just use an application which allows you to highlight and write notes within the book. There are plenty of such applications.
Get it here (I highly recommend the hard cover version):