Dale Carnegie has written this book after finding out that there was no self-help book back in the 1930s. It is the result of many years of research, experiments, and seminars undertaken by the author.
Everyone should read this book because it exposes the tremendous force of influence that one could have on others by only following few simple techniques. It is one of the best inspirational books in all history and it is one of the best selling books of all time.
After reading this book:
1. You will master various fundamental techniques of managing people.
2. You will know 6 methods to make people like you.
3. You will be aware of 12 methods to make other people adapt to your style of thinking.
4. You will know how create a happy life within your family and with your spouse.
5. You will become a good listener.
6. You will be able to build long-lasting friendships and will be extremely happier in your love relationships.
From the book:
“You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.”
The most important of all is that Carnegie’s book is loaded with examples from the lives of famous people, as well as from the lives of normal people, each of which have been using Carnegie’s techniques; these people explain how they succeeded when applying them.
The Smart Reading Technique:
1. Take a pen and start interacting with the book by underlining concepts, circling words and/or highlighting paragraphs which you think are the most import.
2. Different ideas will flow through your mind as you go along with reading the book. Write them down on the blank sides of the pages.
3. Take the book every now and then and re-read everything you have highlighted, circled, and/or underlined. Focus on the ideas you have written down.
Doing these three easy steps will practically boost your knowledge and expertise in handling your relationships with people and you will land among the 3% of world’s money earners.
Note: If you read the book on a smartphone or tablet, just use an application which allows you to highlight and write notes within the book. There are plenty of such applications.
Get it here (I highly recommend the hard cover version):